Please note: due to the government mandated lockdown, the Hortus is closed until further notice, at least until May 11 2021. All scheduled events are cancelled. Purchases in the Hortus store can be made by appointment, call 071-527-7249 to reserve your shopping visit. Online ordering is available at hortusathome.nl. On Friday, Saturday and Sunday, the Hortus Grand Café takeaway is open from 10:00 to 16:00.
Previous rules and regulations:
- Reservation for your visit is necessary - also for Museum card (Museumkaart) holders and Friends of the Hortus.
- Individual visitors to the Hortus need to book a time slot. This also applies to Museum card (Museumkaart) holders. There is always room for Friends of the Hortus, but do reserve your ticket in advance because of corona contact research. Book your ticket here.
- In addition to online reservations, it is also possible to book at the cash desk or by telephone (+31 071-5277249). Reservation on the day itself is only possible if the time slot is not yet full.
- In accordance with policy of the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment, it is mandatory to wear a mouth mask while visiting our indoor areas (Winter garden and Tropical greenhouse). The Hortus Grand Café is temporarily closed, but will change into a to-go location.
- Our opening hours are from 10 am to 6 pm. The Tropical Greenhouse is open from 11 am to 6 pm. The side wings of the Tropical Greenhouse are closed.
- You can choose from two walking routes that are indicated on the map.
- Do you use public transport when visiting the Hortus? Buy a ticket from 10 am and no later than 2 pm, so as not to burden public transport during rush hours. Avoid public transport when possible. More information regarding parking can be found here.
Want to read more about your visit to the Hortus in times of COVID-19? Then click here.
- Dogs are not allowed in the Hortus. Exceptions are made for guide dogs assisting a visually impaired or blind person.
- The observatory's visitor center will be closed until September 1, 2020 due to the corona virus.